served year round
11:30 am - 3:30 pm
from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
We have been written up in:
DownEast Magazine -"Best Sandwich To-Go" July 2012
DownEast Magazine -"Eat like a Mainer! 31 people, places and dishes not to miss in 2010" - Jan 2010
Gourmet -"Ground Swell" - Aug 2008
Chow Maine -"Best restaurants, cafes, lobster shacks & markets on the Coast" - 2007
Real Simple -"Fresh From The Garden" - Sept 2005
Every Morning - Our own scones - various flavors and coffee or tea
Soups - Change daily.
Panini Sandwiches - All are served on Rosemary Foccacia from Standard Baking Co; Portland, ME
- Aged Quebec cheddar and pesto
- Maine smoked ham, with aged cheddar and grainy Dijon mustard
- The Bev: Tuna, artichokes, tapenade & gruyere
- The Surfer: Smoked turkey, Spruce Mountain wild blueberry chutney, wild arugula and gruyère
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, roasted red onions & fresh dill
- The Reuben Fletcher: corned beef and gruyere with saurkraut & homemade Russian dressing
- North Creek BLT
- Fresh Maine crabmeat salad sandwich (a constant during the summer, served only occasionally in winter)
- also on Borealis Rosemary sourdough bread
Pie - Slice $4.50 changes daily
Cookies - Chocolate Obsessions, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Date Raisin, plus other home baked goodies $2.50/ea
prices range from $2.50 to $5.00
- Carrabasset Coffee, Hot Cocoa, Mulled Cider
- Croissants & Scones: Lemon Ginger, Cranberry Orange Walnut, Cherry Chocolate, etc;
- Local bacon and Smoked salmon
- Heavenly soft scrambled eggs - all local and organic
- Omlettes change weekly - various cheeses & fresh herbs
- Fritata (changes weekly, some examples): salmon, dill & goat cheese. Spinach, roasted garlic, onions & Bel Paese Cheese. Etc!
- Baked stuffed Avocados with (changes weekly, some examples): Sweet potatoe, creme fraiche' and sweet chili. Pesto & Cheddar. Crabmeat & Bel Paese.
- Fresh Baked Pastries - change weekly
- Gluten Free Quiches - change weekly
- Pocket Pies - a "handful" of savory pies for a light quick lunch or frozen to take home - $5.00 each:
- Tradtional Chicken
- Chicken Chili
- Curried Chicken
- Smoked Salmon
- etc., etc.
- Also in freezer our "all from scratch" frozen homemade soups. $10.00 a quart.
- Other Whimsies
All in a cozy & eclectic atmosphere - "sounds like a hive of bees here on winter Sundays"